Listen Up! Northwest is a collaboratively produced radio magazine featuring stories of communities in action throughout the Northwest. Each broadcast highlights the work of skilled community radio producers and artists from our region, including Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Listen Up! Northwest Program 12 features stories on the media and its role in our community and our democracy.
* High school girls discuss negative women's images in the media and learn how to make film to break down stereotypes. (Reel Grrls, Seattle)
* Canadian Parliament is discussing a new media and digital rights bill this fall. (Charlotte Bourne, CJSF-Burnaby, BC)
* The ACLU of Washington is tracking the intersection of technology and civil rights. (Peter Marshall, KBCS-Seattle)
* Adrian Valladares Carranza speaks to the FCC about the importance of media for his Oregon community of immigrant farmworkers (KBCS Publc Affairs Team, Seattle)
* A demonstrator in the 1999 WTO protests shares his exposure to media coverage of the event (Jill Bolduc, KBCS-Seattle)
* Michael Franti gives commentary on the importance of communities "becoming the media". (Reclaim the Media)